Statement of Requirements
Due to the exploritive nature of this project it was decided that a traditional Statement of Requirements, broken
into concrete functional and non-functional requirements, was not appropriate. Instead we produced a list of features
we decided were essential to a good SLI application and a list of features which would be desirable in an SLI.
- A spreadsheet can be created, opened and closed .
- A spreadsheet can be resized.
- An image can be loaded into a cell from file.
- A spreadsheet or an image within a spreadsheet can be saved under the current or a new name.
- The mouse can be used to select single or multiple cells. There is a select all option.
- Cut, copy, paste and clear are available for all types of cell and for multiple selected cells.
- Rows and columns can be inserted and deleted.
- Cells can be disabled.
- There is a recalculate option.
- Image cells can be shown at several resolutions.
- A larger copy of the current cell can be opened in a window and resize.
- Image Processing functions can be applied to an image cell.
- There is a browsing mode with fast update.
- All images are updated as fast as possible with minimum interaction delay.
- Row and column size are adjustable.
- Text font, style, size, and colour are modifiable.
- Cell contents can be formatted within the cell boundary.
- An image cell can be automatically sized to fit a cell or can be clipped.
- A non-image cell can be clipped or allowed to over run.
- Cell values can be filled across/down.
- The spreadsheet accepts several common image file types.
- Multiple loads and saves can be made.
- Entire directories and subdirectories can be loaded with one command.
- Multiple loads can copy cells to the spreadsheet in several formats: left, right, tiled.
- The user can choose image processing functions from a menu and apply then to a cell.
- There is an extensive undo/redo function.
- The spreadsheet may handle movie files.
- There are several input and output widgets available including a movie player.
- The toolbox holds several useful tools such as spread a movie, select right/down, zoom in/out.
- There are options such as auto contrast available for thumbnail images.
- There is an online help feature.